Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Flu, Friends, and Bathroom Paint

So remember how last week I was hoping not to get sick before my interview? Well, my wishes didn't pan out, and I ended up with a 101 fever early Wednesday morning, a few hours before my interview. I had no choice but to cancel, hoping they'd be willing to reschedule and spent the rest of Wednesday sleeping. Thankfully, I had enough strength to make it in for the interview Thursday morning (somehow) and got the job! It's nothing big, just a temporary 6-week job with the City of Vancouver's HR department. It's also part-time hours that I get to pick, which is perfect for me. So as soon as my criminal background check goes through, I should be starting next week. Keep your fingers crossed for me. :)

Other than catching that awful bug last week, Mike and I have been doing very well this week. He went to Denver for a couple days on business and didn't catch my bug! Amazing! Last night we had some friends from church over to eat some wonderful steak and play Rock Band. It was a great time and I'm so glad we're starting to make some close friends here, finally! After only a year at this church, and we're finally starting to integrate ourselves. :p

So Mike's doing good, I'm doing good, and the dogs are good. Of course, I'm a little behind on the house improvements after being sick, but soon we should be painting our guest bathroom. We've decided on a "sunken treasure" theme, with deep blues and browns and tarnished gold accents. It's either going to look amazing, or really cheesey. Let's hope it ends up looking as good in reality as it does in my head.

No comments: