Last Monday I woke up, went out to the kitchen, looked at the gross yellow walls and decided I'd had enough! No longer would I be subjecting myself to someone else's bad taste in paint color. And I don't care if we haven't started remodeling, I am painting over these awful, dirty mustard walls!
And what's most surprising is... I actually did it! It's not often in my life that I decide to do something and actually follow through, so this is a very proud moment for me. :) You can pat me on the back next time you see me.

Here's a picture I took right after we bought the place, but before we moved in. This picture doesn't do the walls justice, because in reality they were smudged in various places with a gross, black dirt/grime/who-knows-what.
The yellow paint also extended behind the countertop on the left to a large dining room area (which I use as my office and dog jail). So although what you see here might make it look like a simple job, it actually took about 3 days of cleaning, painting, and touch ups before all the yellow was covered up.

And here's the outcome -- a much nicer, more mellow, calming blue (which I matched to our dishes). I realize all my stuff on the counters probably makes the kitchen look more dirty than when it was yellow, but trust me, in person this is a much better look. Yay me!
No comments:
Post a Comment