Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Recipe of the Month - Shredded Taco Chicken

Looks like I've been doing a terrible job at my monthly recipe postings. Anyway, here's one I've been wanting to post for a while. Enjoy!

Super Easy Shredded Taco Chicken

You need:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 crock pot

You do:
1) Put chicken in crock pot. I use frozen chicken all the time, and it turns out great.
2) Combine broth and taco seasoning and pour over chicken.
3) Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
4) Remove cover and using two forks, shred chicken in the crock pot.
5) Stir shredded chicken with the remaining juices and replace lid. Let sit in warm crock pot until ready to use.

This chicken is perfect in enchiladas. You can also add chopped white onion, green peppers or chilis to add some extra flavor. Also great over nachos. It's so easy and requires minimal prep time.

No comments: