Friday, May 16, 2008

Summer is here!

Ok fine, so I really stink at blogging. Apologies to everyone out there who's been dying for news on the Shipley happenings (all 2 of you?). But hey, better late than never. Have I already said that in a previous posting?

Anyway, so I was sick for the last couple weeks in April. It was awful, but thankfully I am 100% back to normal now. Still working at my temp job, which I love. I'm trying to convince them to keep me, but we'll see. Mike's doing well at his job, and we're getting dental insurance now! That's how you know you've really made it in this world. :)

Tonight we're supposed to having an Indiana Jones party at our place (just watching the movies, nothing weird), but it's been so hot I'm not sure everyone will want to stay too long. Darn this old house and its lack of air conditioning! Anyway, tomorrow we'll be seeing Scott and Nancy and Kelly up at my parents' place (which thankfully has AC)! I am super excited about this, since I don't get to see Kelly nearly enough. I can't believe she's almost 8 months old!! I think it's really time I had my own baby.

So as I said, it's been super hot here (today should be in the 90's!). So yesterday we got out the kiddie pool that Tannen loves so much. It's always great fun to watch him play in it. Mike set up the hose so Tannen could bite and dig at the water. We really need to take him to the beach or a lake and let him really swim.






Tannen could do this for hours, really.





We got them this pool last summer, and I guess they were a little smaller then. Now it just looks sad to see a full-grown dog have to play in this tiny pool. :)





Marty doesn't like the water as much, but he does try to get in the pool every once in a while. But Tannen won't have it, and bites his legs until his brother retreats.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Yes, I agree you need to have your own baby too so our babies can play together!! :) It was so fun to see you guys and to watch the dogs play in the pool.

Sarah said...

I caught the baby comment too! In this family they will hold you to it! The more the merrier!
Love the dog pictures. Rosie hasn't gotten a pool yet -- but I can imagine that if we get one for the boys, she will quickly claim it. She doesn't mind baths so much, usually just prances around and drinks the water. Bet she would like a hose too....