As Mike mentioned in his post, I'm having surgery on Wednesday, and I am soooooooo not looking forward to it. It's not that big of a deal, really, I just hate medical stuff. Like the time in middle school when I visited a friend who just had knee surgery, and I felt woozey just looking at her wrapped-up knee. Or the countless times I've hyperventilated getting a routine exam or blood drawn. Or, this is a good one, the time I blacked out at the vet's office after the doctor gave my dog some shots. Yep, that was a highlight for sure.
The really dumb part about this whole procedure, though, is that I can't really talk openly to many people about it. You see, it involves an area right at the base of my tailbone. Either God has a great sense of humor, or I mistakenly prayed for humility, or both. Either way, it's not too much fun for me. I'll be under general anesthesia, and it's just an outpatient procedure. So I'll check in around 7:45am and be ready to go home by 1:00pm. The worst part will be recovery, in which poor Mike will have to redress my wound twice a day for a month. A true test of marriage, for sure.
So, that's what's happening in my life right now. Just dreading this surgery, but praying that I keep in mind there could be much worse things to have to endure right now. I'm thinking of my aunt Janis and how strong she's been through chemo. If she can do that, I shouldn't even blink an eye at this.
I'll have Mike write an update post-surgery on Wednesday.
Monday, January 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kate, you are in our prayers! I hope everything goes smoothly and the surgery takes care of the problem.
Post a Comment