Thursday, January 10, 2008

Success!

The surgery went very well, thankfully! I was feeling very anxious the night before (and probably the whole week before). But all of my nurses were great, and I didn't have any pain or nausea afterward. The worst part was definitely getting the IV, but only because of my anxiety.

After everything was ready to go, they sent Mike out into the waiting room, gave me a hairnet, and wheeled me into the OR. It was a very strange feeling, but the anesthesiologist put me to sleep very nicely. The next thing I knew, I was slowly waking up asking the nurse over and over where Mike was. How sweet, right? :) From there, it was only a couple of hours before they sent me home and I felt fine.

Our Bible study leader brought dinner to our place later that night, and then my parents brought some key lime pie for dessert. I was truly spoiled. Too bad today I'm starting to feel the pressure in my wound. I didn't feel anything yesterday because of all the pain killers. Now I really need to keep up on that.

I feel so blessed that the procedure went so well, and hopefully next time (if there ever is a next time) I have to have surgery, I'll remember there's not as much to worry about as I think there is. Thanks for everyone's prayers!

1 comment:

Angela Miller said...

Thanks for the update! I have been thinking about you and wondering how things went. I'm glad you are doing well.